This policy sets out what information we (Bad Viking Ltd) may collect about you across all our Services (including our games, websites, facebook page, twitter page and any other affiliated services),what we do with that information, and what your options are in regards to it. By using our Services you consent to the terms and practices set out in this policy.
Information you give to us
This information may include certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, including, but not limited to, your email address, name, other information (“Personal Information”). We receive and store any information you give to us such as when you:
- download, update and play our games;
- enter competitions;
- interact with us on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Discord;
- enter information on our website(s), in our forums or on our chat rooms (Information that you disclose in these areas is public information, and will be accessible to anyone who uses these Services. Sharing of personal information in these areas is strictly discouraged and is done so at your own risk. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to register for an Account or use other interactive features of our Site);
- make a purchase for “Virtual Currency”;
- request support, make a compliment or complaint or otherwise contact us directly;
- or give us you information in another way.
Information collected automatically
We receive and store certain types of information automatically when you interact with us, such as:
- information about how you use our Services;
- when you sign up to our Services or Pages on Facebook or other social media platforms, we gather basic profile information such as name, gender, age-range, friends and profile photo;
information about the devices used to connect to our services including make and model, operating system, platform, language;
- cookies (We also employ “cookies” or similar technologies to track user activity, provide additional functionality and help us analyse usage more accurately. You can set your browser to reject cookies, but if you do, some features may not function normally and it may negatively effect your experience on our site.); your general location based on your IP address.
Information from third parties
Sometimes we may uses passive tracking technologies to log additional non-identifiable information with regards to usage of certain services. Sometimes we collect information from you from third parties such as Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Steam. We collect this information so that we can deliver our Services and features.
In our services, from time to time we may include links to other websites as a service to you. The third party sites are operated by companies that are outside of our control, and your activities at those sites will be governed by the policies and practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of these third parties before disclosing any personally identifiable information, as we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website.
How do we use our information
We collect information from you to to be able to deliver our services to you, to collect and respond to requests and provide customer service, to provide you with the best experience possible across our Services, to help improve on this experience and and for our internal business purposes that form part of normal business practices. Some provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the Service.
We may from time to time use this information to offer our Services to you, to tell you about and advertise new offerings, products, events, updates and information that may be relevant to you.
Additionally, this information is used to provide multiplayer gaming services and keep track of and maintain statistical databases of player progress.
When we disclose information
We may disclose personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we are required or authorised to do so by law or law enforcement agency
- to our business partners in the course of providing our services to you
- to avoid, lessen or prevent a serious emergency or crime.
We take reasonable measures to protect the information that we collect from you. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
We use standard and reasonable measures to protect security information you provide on registering with one of our services. We urge you to protect your password by not sharing it with anyone else and to take measures to prevent it from unauthorised access such as unique combinations of letters and numbers. We cannot be held responsible for Password information being obtained by another individual by means of theft, guess work or through personal disclosure.
We do not intend that children under 13 years old will use our services or play our games. We do not solicit or knowingly collect information from children under 13 years old without permission from a parent or guardian. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us.